Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) Recruitment for Finance & Grant Manager. The application deadline is 4th February, 2019.
Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom States which seeks to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. It is working to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country.
Job Title: Finance & Grant Manager
- The Finance & Grants Manager work closely with the Executive Director and the management team to protect the financial health and integrity of the organization with enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies;
- Manages the finance department, partakes in recruitment, orientation and training of staff with financial functions.
- Gives a clear picture of the financial position of projects with reports on donors’ budget adherence or budget variances.
- Meets external reporting deadlines; prepares budgets and reports with exactness and compliance; liaises with donors when necessary.
- Acts as a focal point during audits, enforces internal and external audit recommendations in a timely fashion.
- Manages finance related risks
- Ensure finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports.
- At least 7 years of experience in similar position within the NGO sector.
- Professional accountancy qualification or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar qualification
- Proficient in the use of accounting software systems (preferably Peachtree), Q&A reporting tool and excel.
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge
- Ability to handle multi donors and multiyear budgets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, 1-page suitability statement along with two (2) references to: with Job Title as the Subject line of the emails.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
- Only Electronically submitted applications via email will be accepted.
- YAP encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.
Application Deadline 4th February, 2019.