Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for World Bank International Finance Corporation Young Professional Programme 2020.
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
Title: International Finance Corporation Young Professional Programme
The IFC Young Professionals program (IFC YPP) is our flagship recruitment program, which offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career in finance. You join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams. You will start in Washington DC and build your expertise through hands on assignments and transactions in different countries. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring with a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
The program is open to current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar programs with strong financial skills. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of success in your prior work experience and have a strong interest in working in Emerging Markets.
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program. The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s business.
You will participate in a 2-week on-boarding program, where you will learn about the World Bank Group in general and specifically about IFC products and operations. You will also interact with Senior Management and other staff.
In addition, you will be enrolled in a 4-week residential Investment & Credit training course, where you will be introduced to IFC’s investment and credit culture and investment process.
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Participate in negotiations
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
- 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting); and
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
- Participants are expected to be geographically flexible and interested and able to relocate as business needs require
- Must obtain Master’s or MBA degree by June 2020
- Experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services
- Financial Institutions
- Oil, Gas and Mining
- Public-Private Partnerships (Advisory)
- Telecoms, Media and Technology
- Treasury and Syndication (Product)
How to Apply
Application and Selection Process
Applications for the IFC YP program are accepted annually.
The online application is open from mid/late-August to early October each year. Interviews usually take place in October/November, and offers are typically made in late December or early January. IFC YPP participants typically join in September of each year
The application period for the IFC Young Professionals Program is now open until Tuesday, October 1, 2019 (7:59 pm EST). Please Click here to complete the application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews no later than October 11, 2019.