Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment for E-WASH Social Mobilization Officer.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States. It was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
Job Title: E-WASH Social Mobilization Officer
Duration: One (1) year (April 2019 to March 2020)
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the program manager for the purpose of achieving the program objective.
- Support advocacy to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits WASH in the state.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness of WASH activities in the state.
- Collaborate with Program Manager and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization programs
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
The salary range is between N30,000 to N100,000 per month base salary with an additional 90% fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applicants should not fail to explain suitabililty for the job in the mail.