Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment for E-WASH Program Manager.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States. It was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
Job Title: E-WASH Program Manager
Duration: One (1) year (April 2019 to March 2020)
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of WASH activities, ensuring that all activities are compliant with the grant requirements.
- Ensure the tracking, monitoring and quality reporting of the program activities in line with the objectives of the program.
- Formulate and communicate project work plans
- Work with the state WASH team, ED and other relevant team members to ensure joint planning and grant compliance.
- Work with ED and relevant team to overcome implementation challenges based on practical solutions.
- Participate in cluster working groups and meetings.
- According to the project work plan, outline indicators and outputs to be measured to determine success of the program.
- Work with M&E Unit to translate assessment criteria to tools and methodology for monitoring and evaluation of interventions related to the program.
- Provide technical input and indicators to the M&E Unit to be incorporated into tools and formats as needed.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of monitoring and evaluation systems for internal and external use.
- Budget Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with NGOs specialized in Humanitarian assistance
- Previous work experience in Humanitarian assistance activity in Imo State.
- Previous experience in program management of a WASH project is essential.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Experience managing USAID funded programs
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams.
The salary range is between N30,000 to N100,000 per month base salary with an additional 90% fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: