Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment for E-WASH Organizational and Institutional Development Officer.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States. It was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
Job Title: E-WASH Organizational / Institutional Development Officer
Duration: One (1) year (April 2019 to March 2020)
- Supports the development of the Program strategies and plans to strengthen the capacity of local and regional partners (local government entities and civil society) to design, implement and evaluate program activities.
- Assist in the development of local civil society organizations (NGOs and CBOS) and SWB in integrating quality improvement processes in program implementation.
- Facilitate and develop coaching/mentoring mechanisms and models to facilitate organizational changes resulting in the SWB.
- Identify gaps in organizational structures (governance, strategic planning, financial systems, management and operations, monitoring and evaluations) and identify best resources available within to address the identified gaps.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to field programs in developing and implementing state level community mobilization and institutional strengthening plans in support of Program strategic objectives.
- Support in the coordination and development of tools, methods, and materials (e.g., field guides, interactive CD-ROM/videos, bulletins, etc.) needed by field-based programs to plan, implement, and evaluate community and institutional capacity strengthening activities.
- Support in the development and application of tools and techniques for monitoring performance and impact related to community and institutional capacity strengthening.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Organizational and institutional Development with State Base government organisation.
- Previous experience in program management of a WASH project will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Experience managing USAID funded programs
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams.
The salary range is between N30,000 to N100,000 per month base salary with an additional 90% fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to:
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin, religion, age, sex, race or physical disability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.