Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment for Senior Communication Officer.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States. It was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
Job Title: Senior Communication Officer
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is soliciting for a Senior Communication Officer to fill the job vacancy in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner initiatives for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project’.
- WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God fearing Senior Communication Officer who believes in local organisations and in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of Nigeria can be better than the rest. The candidate must be an individual who has a passion to work with vulnerable children in helping to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote the LOPIN 2 project impact by facilitating effective communication processes around our project states and through our online/media platforms and beyond
- The candidate must be an individual who has a passion to work with vulnerable children in helping to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote the LOPIN 2 project impact by facilitating effective communication processes around our project states and through our online/media platforms.
- The Senior Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications Officer to ensure relevant and current information is circulated to all teams and stakeholders through effective, innovative and creative communication processes.
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies, short documentaries
- Update and maintain WEWE’s website, social media platforms and blogs
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copying, designing, line editing and substantive editing)
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Organize external senior management meetings, coordinate and manage protocol for high delegation meetings and manage press for public interviews for WEWE LOPIN management
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- A Postgraduate or equivalent professional certification and a University degree with a First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related fields.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing softwares such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw
- Experience in Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, Word Press, Professional Photography with ability to use graphics)
- Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Experienced on USAID projects in the role of a Senior Communications Officer position or similar capacity will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com.
Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.