Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment for Individual Consultant – Strategic Plan/Regional Biobank.
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), a specialised institution of ECOWAS, has received grants from the World Bank for the implementation of several projects (REDISSE, SWEDD, SM/NTD and WAMRH) and intends to use part of the REDISSE Project grant to make payments under the contract.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant – Strategic Plan/Regional Biobank
Location: Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Overarching Objective of the Mission
- The overall objective of the consultation is to develop a strategic plan for the ECOWAS Regional Biobank for the period 2020-2024.
More specifically, the consultant shall:
- Review the regional regulatory framework for strategic orientation of ECOWAS member countries,
- Guide member countries in the establishment of their own National Biobank,
- Assess the training needs of the Regional Biobank staff,
- Assess investment needs,
- Define a Logical Framework as well as Action Plan and Budget estimate for regional priority actions over 5 years (2020-2024),
- Review the technical, institutional and material constraints for the operationalization of the Regional Biobank,
- Develop a detailed roadmap and action plan to ensure the functionality of the RBB,
- Conduct a cost and risk analysis of the Regional Biobank,
- Define detailed monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
Mission Commencement Date and Duration
- Duration of Mission: 90 days. Commencement Date: January- February 2020.
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience in the field of laboratories, particularly in the development of biosafety or biosecurity policies and standards,
- Must have proven experience in genomics, bioethics research,
- Have proven experience in managing a Biobank,
- Must have sound knowledge of the context of Public Health Laboratory Systems in West Africa,
- Must have proven oral and written communication skills including writing scientific reports and articles,
- Must be able to work in a multinational environment, with a variety of partners at national, regional and global levels,
- Must have time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks at a time with a high degree of autonomy,
- Must have a command of at least one official language in the ECOWAS region; a command of another ECOWAS language would be an advantage,
- Must have excellent skills in information and communication technology.
Content of the EOI
Interested individual consultants must provide:
- A letter of expression of interest,
- A detailed, dated and signed Curriculum Vitae highlighting qualifications and experience in carrying out similar assignments, as well as references for possible checks,
- Signed financial proposal to carry out the mission.
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants as set out in the World Banks Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers (ed. January 2011, revised in July 2014) available on the World Bank web site http://www.worldbank.org.
Deadline: 11.00 a.m (GMT); 14th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) with the reference “Recruiting one Consultant to Develop ECOWAS’ Regional Biobank Strategic Plan” written on the envelope to:
The West Afriean Health Organization (WAHO) Secretariat,
01 BP153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01,
Avenue Ouezzin COULIBALy.
Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested consultants may access the TORs on WAHO’s website at: w3.wahooas.org.
- They may also get additional information on reference materials from the address stated above and on the following working days and office hours: Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4pm.