Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Venture Garden Nigeria Recruitment for Financial Controller.
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a holding company for a group of financial technology entities that provide innovative, data-driven, end-to-end technology platforms addressing reconciliation and payment processing inefficiencies across multiple industry verticals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervise the project finance team in preparation of project budget, project funds allocations, expenses, and entity cash flow statements; procurement processes
- Supervise the accounting team in ensuring all expected reports are submitted as when due and that all payments are made swiftly, and appropriate vendors managed
- Oversee all purchasing/refunds/Out of station allowances and payroll activity for staff.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the Group and all its Entities
- Monitor banking activities/reconciliation for the group and all its Entities
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Groups and its Entities’ needs
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place
- Ensure the company complies with all Federal laws on Tax and Audit processes and policies
- Ensure all monthly, mid-year and annual reports are prepared and presented to CEO and CFO as at when due
- Manage all bank relationships and ensure that all point’s relationships are healthy and well-groomed.
- Work with group CFO and CEO in preparing the group’s financial goals, group budget, and forecasts
- Finance and accounting background.
- Work Experience with a tech company, multinational or Big 4/5 is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or business-related field is required.
- Must be a chartered accountant with an ACCA or ICAN.
- Skill set Required: Must have worked with an ERP System, finance, accounting, financial planning, IFRS, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, Chart of Accounts Redesign, GL Coding, Intercompany Reconciliation, GL Accounting, financial analysis
- Working conditions
- Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: