Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Assistant Marketing Manager.
Unilever Nigeria Plc is a publicly listed company with trading and manufacturing interest in the consumer goods market. In 2014, it was listed among the top 20 most valuable companies quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Unilever Nigeria Plc is a subsidiary of Unilever Overseas Holding B.V.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager – Shopper Marketing, Unilever International
Job Number: 2000041X
Location: Lagos-Oregun – Head Office
Job Field: Marketing
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Business Context/Main Purpose of the Job
- Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest-growing cluster that has grown from 250mn to over 1 bn in the last 7 years and has the ambition to double yet again to 2bn in the next 5 years? Do you want the opportunity to build Unilever’s portfolio across categories in white spaces? If so the Asst. Marketing Manager, Shopper Marketing Nigeria, Unilever International is for you.
- The role will report into the Sr. Marketing Manager – NAMET RUB & AFRICA for Unilever International based in Lagos Nigeria. The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain, Local MOCs and finance teams across UI and Local MCO.
Main Job Purpose
- Nigeria has the largest population of any country in Africa, with over 200mil people, 50% of whom live in urban cities. The market size of Deo’s is currently small at only E64m, with low penetration and consumption, and has been identified as a priority “Future Growth Market” by the GCLT. This means Nigeria will receive the support of Global Category to develop this market with support from the global Rexona team, with an MD strategy, plan & relevant support assets.
- The ambition is to double the size of the business within the next 3 years, through a structured and consistent “market development” approach, using the best practice from other developed Deo’s markets globally.
- The people resource vision is to have a small Deo’s squad, based in Nigeria, to lead the market development work. This squad will comprise 1 x UI CD Manager (Deo’s Business Unit Lead) + 1x Marketing/Brand Manager (responsible for the deployment of the marketing development program across all channels).
Key Requirements for the Marketing Role Are
- A self-starter, with a strong bias for action, unafraid to get “your hands dirty”.
- Help Marketing Manager in-planning & marketing deployment to ensure we build sustainable growth going forward.
- Ability to hold self & others accountable.
- Ability to think & work independently, whilst managing key stakeholders.
- Accessible & transparent, always ensuring good communication with the Global / Regional Category team.
- Strong values of integrity & transparency
- Prior experience in Shopper Marketing is also an advantage.
- Job requirements – be open to being flexible
- The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
- Local Shopper marketing insight & market knowledge, with ability to get things done working through people & activation agencies.
- Drive Consumer Activation and large scale
- Engage with Category Team across different Key MT and LMT chains to develop best in class In store execution
- Good grasp of ROI of key activation, ability to learn from past campaign and keep improving as we go on the journey
- Marketing Manager, Global BD brand teams & Local Modern Trade team across brands and categories, UI SC and Finance.
Critical Success Factors for the Job
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications:
- Exceptional drive and a positive passion to create brilliant mixes and create exceptional marketing solutions
- Willingness to break records
- Willingness to engage in robust discussions on strategy and air your own point of view
- Confidently work with senior stakeholders without losing one’s point of view
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results.
- Focus on continuous learning
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Ability to challenge the status quo and ask the question of why not
Relevant Experience / SOL
- Experience in BB /or Shopper Marketing in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Strong track record of consistency market delivery
- A deep desire to do something exceptional in life
- 3-5 years of experience in Branding and Marketing.
- Bias for Action
- Growth Mindset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th October 2020.