Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Senior Administrative/Finance Assistant. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Senior Administrative/Finance Assistant
Position Number: 10030852
Location: Calabar – Cross River State
Grade: GS – 6
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type:Fixed Term Appointment
- The senior Admin/Finance Assistant provides clerical assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the admin/finance domain are properly implemented.
- Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, he/she will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor.
- As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
- The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices.
- The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to HQs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing administrative budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should . Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.