Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Registration Associate. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Registration Associate
Position Number: 10030876
Location: Adikpo, Benue
Grade: GS – 6
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- The Registration Associate is a member of the Registration team and is normally supervised by the Head of Office with technical support and assignment directives from the Associate Registration Officer in the sub-Office
- The Registration Associate is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, and with ensuring that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Assist in the supervision and daily running of registration team activities, where required.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary School with Post-secondary Training/Certificate in Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to apply. Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.