Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Registration Assistant. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Registration Assistant
Position Number: 10028720
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Grade: GS – 4
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- The Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team and is supervised by the Associate Registration Officer
- The Registration Assistant assists in all activities related to registration, and with ensuring that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions
- The Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education preferably with Post-secondary Training or Certificate in Social Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience (3 years with post-secondary certificate/training).
- Good computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to apply. Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.