Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Cash Based Interventions Associate. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Cash Based Interventions Associate
Position Number: 10030866
Location: Ogoja – Cross River State
Grade: GS – 6
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type:Fixed Term Appointment
- The incumbent normally receives guidance from the CBI Officer in the Sub-Office. He/she may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s).
- UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Associate.
- S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
- Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans.
- External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank ATM/IRIS system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular Cash based Intervention database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Assist in preparing detailed reports and breakdown of the cash assistance provided to the refugees.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with partners to facilitate the flow of information between databases,
- Assist with the training of internal staff and partners on how to use the database,
- Execute best practice in data protection standards and help to positively influence others,
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes,
- Inform and act on the reports and messages that are received from various units on different vulnerable cases in respect to financial assistance.
- Support in the co-ordination with different IPs, Ops and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to bank service provider to monitor the cash project.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology & Database Management.
- Minimum 6 years of previous data management experience, preferable in CBI context.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities.
- Experience in cash-based interventions, particularly in a refugee response context.
- Working experience in C# and ASP.net.
- University level course in Computer Science or related fields with components related directly to data management.
- Working experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Stata etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should . Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.