Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Administrative Associate. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Position Number: 10030869
Location: Ogoja- Cross River State
Grade: GS – 6
Duration of Contract: One year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- The Administrative Associate sits in the field office and has supervisory functions on the office driver(s). The incumbent will function under direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he will support the office in maintaining the day to day operations.
- Perform personnel work including interpretation and processing of entitlement, issuance of contracts maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Assist in the recruitment of General Service staff for non-specialized work including evaluating candidate applications, administering recruitment exams if applicable, conducting preliminary interviews of candidates; assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.- Collect information and assist in conduct of surveys on local cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, local salaries for office and servicing staff, house rentals.
- Brief international personnel on general administrative matters relating to visas, licences, security; provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
- Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Arrange for requisition of office supplies and equipment and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records.
- Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the functions.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP HR, Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to apply. Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.