Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment for Admin/Finance Associate. The application deadline is 28th January, 2019.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) also called UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. It was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. They had three years to complete their work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, their organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Admin/Finance Associate
Position Number: 10028719
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Grade: GS – 6
- The incumbent is normally supervised by the Head of office who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance while the Admin/Finance Officer in the sub office will provide technical oversight and support on the daily tasks of the incumbent.
- The Admin/Finance Associate may supervise some support staff in Adikpo field office.
- The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters; with local suppliers, banks and financial institutes on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- Performs personnel administration tasks including interpretation and processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Assists in conducting preliminary interviews of candidates, administering typing exams and recruitment of GL staff;
- Conducts surveys of local cost of living, DSA rate and servicing staff, housing rental and collects information on the above-mentioned.
- Prepares travel authorization, ID cards and other personnel related documents for staff;
- Record vouchers in MSRP Finance and Supply Chain application, prepares monthly replenishments, maintains Petty Cash, enters Requisitions and Purchase Orders. Prepares monthly reports on accounts for submission, as needed. If required, assists in preparation of ABOD and submission along with Country Operation Plan;
- Prepares, updates, maintains inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to the main office. Orders and controls stationary supplies;
- Attends meetings and participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices on administration and finance matters; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to apply. Or submit application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2019.