Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Translators Without Borders (TWB) Recruitment for AAP Specialist. The application deadline is 4th February, 2019.
Translators Without Borders (TWB) is a unique non-profit organization that helps humanitarian organizations communicate more effectively with vulnerable populations in the right languages. TWB created the first translation and language program specifically for crisis response and is now deploying that program in northeast Nigeria.
Job Title: AAP Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract length: One year, with the possibility of extension
Travel: Occasional short travels to field locations
Reports To: Country Director.
- The AAP Specialist is responsible for designing, constantly adapting and implementing TWB’s innovative strategy of Accountability to Affected Population and Communication with Communities.
- The AAP Specialist will oversee the timely and effective identification, planning and delivery of activities. The AAP Specialist manages the AAP Officer and Protection Officer.
- Coordinate TWB’s engagement in multilingual feedback mechanism by overseeing the AAP / PSEA communication, transcription and translation of complaints and communication of feedback to communities, including overseeing the technical side of feedback mechanism (through audio recorders, hotlines, internet-in-a-box).
- Contribute to developing, revising and adapting proposals.
- Coordinate the daily management, ensure delivery and monitoring of all activities agreed with partners and donors. This will include liaising with specialized global team (translation team, editor, tech team, etc…) for the activities under the AAP Specialist’s direct responsibility, producing CWCs outputs (written, audiovisual, etc).
- Develop mutually beneficial AAP / PSEA / CwC partnerships/projects with humanitarian agencies to provide them with language services and advice and liaise with all concerned (including internally) to ensure timely high-quality delivery.
Human resources management:
- Recruit, manage and coach the team of AAP, CwC and Protection staff.
- Maintain open and professional relationships with the internal TWB team, TWB volunteers, partner agencies and donors.
- Contribute to a positive, innovative and supportive work environment.
Humanitarian liaison and coordination:
- Liaise with all partners and stakeholders on AAP / PSEA / CwC efforts,
- Actively participate in AAP/CwC working sub-group, ad-hoc meetings and initiatives
- Liaise with organizations to ensure that language is factored in with TWB’s support.
- Provide TWB’s contribution to the programme updates and other required reports.
- Document project activities.
- Ensure TWB complies with donor reporting requirements, including writing narrative reports and working with the finance team to prepare financial reports.
- The AAP Specialist should be a creative self-starter with a strong sense of initiative, experienced in AAP / PSEA / CwC humanitarian programming and enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to information through language.
- The right candidate is an energetic team player who agrees with TWB´s basic beliefs and values and who can work virtually with team members based throughout the world.
- Representation and coordination experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing high performing program teams a plus
- Media production experience a plus
- Training or research skills and experience a plus
- Interpreting or translation experience a plus
- Relevant university degree
- 4+ years of project design and management experience, with at least 2 years in the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated experience of AAP / PSEA / CwC work at field level
- International humanitarian experience
- Demonstrated listening and advising skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2019.