Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Thome Group Recruitment for Logistics Assistant.
Thome Group is a dynamic provider of integrated ship management services to the international shipping and offshore industries. Based in Singapore, and celebrating more 50 years of service, the Thome Group of Companies represents a unique combination of the best elements of Scandinavian shipping tradition with the modern drive of Asian business enterprise..
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Use various materials handling equipment to safely move materials within the facility and parking lot, including the Q-hut building
- Handling of equipment includes but is not limited to fork-truck hoists, pallet-jacks and carts.
- Load and unload materibal into vehicles as required
- Use hand and power tools to perfrom various aspects of the job function
- Operate various PCs and software packages including the ERP and export logistics systems
- Maintain files and records for shipping, receiving and repairs
- Manage the flow of mail in and out of the facility
- Receive materials, check for damages, verify quantities and distribute materials to various work areas as required.
- Contact buyers and/or other internal personnel to resolve discrepancies and report to Logistics Coordinator
- Store and distribute various materials to all areas within the facility. Organise and label materials as required.
- Trigger material replenishment as required.
- Perform inventory transactions and cycle count materials are required.
- Issue/pack/ship material as per required dates and direction from lead person. Verify materials to be packed and take appropriate actions if discrepancies arise.
- Follow shipping/packing instructions from order notes and/or other related documentation
- For materials where packing method is not specified, determine packing method and box size which provides adequate material protection, as well as reasonable freight costs. Take directions from Logistics Coordinators for complex packing requirements.
- Good interpersonal skill
- Able to work well under a fast paced environment
- Good spoken and written.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Logistics related discipline
- At least 2-3 years of relevant working experience in similar capacity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply.