Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) Social Media Internship 2019. The Application deadline is 11th March 2019.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA) was established in 1983 under the Lomé Convention between the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States and EU member states.
Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and result-oriented intern to help update and implement CTA’s social media strategy.
Are you a passionate user of social media? Are you ready to explore new possibilities and new platforms? Are you able to convey engaging messages tailored for different social media platforms, for a wide variety of audience? Do you care about rural development and sustainable food security?
If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA will offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications. As part of our new digital team, you will be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organization use social media wisely and effectively. You will work closely with our communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing our social media strategy. In addition, you will propose, create and post content, and participate actively in content planning. You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
Title: Social Media Internship 2019
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in English and French) with text and visuals;
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Draft social media strategies and prepare social media tool kits for campaigns and event;
- Propose the social media content planning;
- Identify and create relevant visuals for social media;
- Research influencers, brands and networking opportunities that are strategic for CTA communication objectives;
- Moderate and engage with comments posted on social media keeping in line with CTA’s corporate tone and messages;
- Engage with all incoming direct messages on all platforms;
- Keep track on performance on social media and produce monthly reports;
- Support the team in quality control of the event calendar;
- Other duties as assigned.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement ( and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline. Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Strong experience in social media.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or the Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at an international level.
- Internship stipend (€800 per month for the holder of a bachelor’s degree, €1,000 per month for the holder of a master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Social Media’.
- Closing date for application: 23th June 2019.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- Initial duration: 6 months. Upon satisfactory performance and depending on available funding, the contract may be renewed once only.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in , highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position.
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For More Information.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.