Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Subsea 7 Recruitment for Senior Accountant. The application deadline is 15th Febraury 2019.
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. They provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments..
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Vacancy ref: 60596
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
- Liaises with banks on all operational banking matters
- Day to day control over the company cheque books, cash balances and banking requirements
- Ensures all payments are properly approved and supported by appropriate documentary evidence
- Oversee cash and bank transactions and ensure such records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Check monthly bank reconciliations and investigates reconciling items
- Support the maintenance of accounting records in compliance with local and group regulations in an efficient and effective manner
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and any required supporting analysis
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with statutory and local legal requirements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues and internal control over Financial Reporting
- Liaise with and providing information to the Group auditors
- Organise, run and monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually, including the collating of any required accounts
- Produce analyses of various performance indicators required by internal management and shareholders
- Provides input to budget and accountable for controlling costs
- Manage the regular reporting and management information requirements of the designated area of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full year forecasts
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercise.
Experience in the:
- Oil & Gas and Construction Industry
- Management Reporting and some aspects of cost control
- will constitute an added advantage
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function.
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- Treasury Team
- General Accounts
- A University Graduate (B.Sc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance with 8 – 10 years’ cognate experience
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; fluency in English.
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges.
- Chartered Accountant with proven management experience
- Highly motivated and ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2019.