Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Stop Diabetes Awareness Foundation Recruitment for Project Director. The Application deadline is 15th April 2019.
Stop Diabetes Awareness Foundation – We are a Non-Governmental Organization whose objective is to deliver health care programs and services to address the gap in the health sector. Our major role is the maintenance, improvement of health through prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, injuries and other physical impairment in people who are vulnerable to diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
JobType: Full Time
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership support for the execution of the project/program.
- Supervises the project and keeps upper management informed as to how the project/program is progressing or proceeds as planned.
- Responsible for delivering the project, with authority and responsibility from the upper management to run the project/program on a day-to-day basis.
- Must have the capability and experience to lead and own day-to day activities in relation to project/mission and brand activations.
- Mainly Responsible for strategy, output quality, budget, timeline management, project/program & brand activation activities
- Develop a timeline for the completion of certain milestones for a given task or project
- Recommends changes to a task or project if it appears it is not proceeding on schedule
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Managing project administration, logistics and finances.
- Assist the office team stay abreast of the multiple activities, grant technical policy oversight, provide guidance and support to partner organizations.
- Manages the quality and timeliness of all project reports, proposals, financial and administrative reporting
- Manages relationships, negotiations and intensive communication efforts with partners in all phases project implementation
- Advises upper management about issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future projects developments.
- Ensures proper financial management systems are in place.
- Lead regular team and partner meetings.
- Prepares employee job descriptions, performance plans and performance appraisals for team members that are engaged for specific clearly defined tasks.
- Improves both efficiency and quality of the program.
- Coordinates and supervise the functions of the foundation.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the foundation hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, pharmaceutical companies, health insurance companies and long term care facilities.
- Inspire the organization to deliver the best care possible including overseeing staff and ushering new policies, leadership skills as well as the ability to command respect.
- Solution oriented professional who can make informed decisions by looking closely at data and predetermined goals.
- Building strong relationship by communicating effectively with staff and rallying them towards a common cause to help keeps the organization moving smoothly.
- Coordinates the efforts of various workers in order to ensure that required tasks are accomplished.
- Must have acted in the capacity of an Assistant General Manager for a Blue chip company
- Must be a Technocrat
- Proven ability to build an organization or business from scratch
- Demonstrate experience in health care management
- Master’s Degree in Development, Project Management, Business, organizational Development or Public Administration
- Minimum of Ten years in Project management including management of human resources, project activities and/or budgets.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel)
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to:
Application Deadline 15th April 2019.