Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Sterling Bank Recruitments.
Sterling Bank Plc is a full service national commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Its shares trade under the Banking sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange with the symbol STERLNBANK. On Reuters and Bloomberg terminals, it is identified as STERLNB.LG and STERLNBA: NL respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Trade Compliance
Job Type: full-time
Specialization(s): Banking/Finance/Insurance,Quality Assurance/Control
- To ensure compliance with Credit, Trade and Treasury policy guide, procedures and regulations relating to their activities.
- As well as harmonise the risk assurance activities of Credit, Trade and Treasury Services thereby ensuring efficient operations, effective and timely reporting
- Review the compliance to Credit, Trade and Treasury business extant policies and regulations
- Carry out Credit, Trade and Treasury process and product review on sampled transactions
- Monitors FX Utilization and its report rendition to the CBN on a weekly basis
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on identified high risk customers
- Review of Trade instruments and documentations; Form M & PAAR processing, Bill for Collection transaction review (Invisible Transaction Documentation), Certification of Capital Importation, Letters of Credit establishment, amendment and negotiation review; Foreign Funds Transfer transaction, Interbank Placement and Takings review; Export proceeds domiciliary account review, Swap, Repo, Spot, Forward, Future, derivatives (NDF) and other foreign exchange instrument review
- Review unutilized funds, quarterly distribution of interest
- Review and Submit endorsement of shipping document
- Maintain correspondent banking relationship with offshore correspondent banks pertaining to AML/CFT
- Render compliance advisory to both internal and external customers and staff when necessary
- Facilitate inhouse compliance capacity building via sensitization through effective platforms to Credit, Trade and Treasury staff
- Render weekly and monthly report of activities in Credit, Trade and Treasury Compliance
- Call over postings on transactions processed in Trade Services; Call over of bulk upload transactions
- Minimum of 5-year experience, preferably in commercial banking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 31st August 2020.