Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment for Graduate Personal Bankers.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading-edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Personal Bankers
Job ID: 36472
Job Sector: Banking
- Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customer in the branch, providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of personal banking segment’s value proposition
- Retain customers (Blue, Silver and Gold) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy.
- Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
- Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
- Liaise effectively with the sales team to ensure seamless transfer of clients after sale has been concluded to relationship management.
- Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
- Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunity identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
- A bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully
- Minimum of Second Class Lower (2:2) division
- 0-2years banking experience, preferably interfacing with customers.
- Strong relationship management background.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the different personal and segment value proposition.
- Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact portfolio.
- Working knowledge of bank systems and operations
- Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy – able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle matrix reporting
- Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of the bank’s organogram and awareness of relevant reporting lines.
- Interpret financial statements; assess sources of income and basic customer affordability calculations (debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio, installment to income ratio, etc).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: