Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment for Mechanical Technician.
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Thanks to their energy and our evolving expertise, we assist our clients from the engineering phase of their projects through to operations.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution, and it is thanks to their trust that SPIE Oil & Gas Services deploys the most comprehensive range of services on the market in over 30 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full timeJob Descriptions
- Ensures all work sites are clean and tidy on completion of works.
- Ensures all problems are immediately highlighted to his Supervision and COMPANY.
- Participates fully in Pre-work assessments and risk assessments and abides by the recommendations.
- Ensures all near misses and accidents are reported to Company.
- Performs on-site maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Respects all COMPANY’s HSE regulations (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Executes all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Ordinary National Certificate or City and Guilds Technician Certificate or equivalent,
- If no Qualifications, the Holder must have (as a minimum) completed a recognized Trade Apprenticeship or verified technician training scheme, with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in the field of Maintenance and Repair on Oil and Gas installations,
- An ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and contractors,
- English necessary
Specific technical knowledge:
- Mechanical Tech: – Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Pipework, HVAC equipment, Electrical drive motors, etc.
- Minimum level of experience required:
- 1 year or more
- Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Pipework, HVAC equipment, Electrical drive motors, etc.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: