Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment for Junior Commissioning Specialist (M/F).
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Thanks to their energy and our evolving expertise, we assist our clients from the engineering phase of their projects through to operations.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution, and it is thanks to their trust that SPIE Oil & Gas Services deploys the most comprehensive range of services on the market in over 30 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Reference number: 2019-14162
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract duration: 1 month ONSHORE + Offshore 4/5 month daily mission
Slot: 6 Openings (2 Junior Electrical Commissioning Specialist, 2 Junior Instrument Process Commissioning Specialist, 2 Junior Instrument Telecom Commissioning Specialist)
- SPIE OIL & GAS Services Nigeria is looking for Commissioning Specialists profiles to join the task force in Nigeria.
- Project: Setting up with the commissioning instrument procedures on the commissioning execution phase (Onshore & Offshore)
- Under the control of the Commissioning Site Leader, to liaise with Project Company team (Systems Engineers, his counterpart in engineering/construction), main contractor (Instrument engineers, commissioning team), Vendors (Instrument specialists) and Production team
Activities on the commissioning execution phase – Onshore:
- To assist the Commissioning Site Leader in his activities and hence the works that have been delegated to him.
- To provide reports as per project requirements.
- To participate to all commissioning meetings and all instrument related and technical discussions.
- Witness precommissioning activities performed by the contractor and ensure, for his discipline, that each subsystem dossier reaches the “Ready For Commissioning” and “Ready For Start-Up” status with associated punch lists.
- To attend/ monitor operational and performance tests.
Activities on the commissioning execution phase – Offshore:
- To monitor and follow up instrument precommissioning / commissioning execution to achieve maximum productivity, minimize cost and smooth handover Validate the results of the functional and operational tests
- To be committed into the respect of target dates with the required work quality for handover
- To coordinate with construction teams the punch list item clearance related to his discipline.
- To be prepared to directly supervise the instrument commissioning execution jobs, if required.
- To review and validate vendor assistances related to instrument matters.
- Extensive experience working as a Junior Commissioning Specialist on project commissioning execution phase (Onshore & Offshore)
- Minimum of 5 years extensive experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Languages English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: