Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for the Skills Outside School Foundation Recruitment for Media & Communications Officer.
Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Media & Communications Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role presents a unique opportunity to portray the foundation’s work and create robust visibility for the foundation through social media and other relevant platforms.
- The officer will be in charge of day-to-day communication with the Foundations’ existing partners to ensure that wider benefits are secured and long term goals are achieved and reported to the board.
The Officer will:
- Develop and Manage the Foundation’s Media, PR and Communications Strategy.
- Monitor graphic standards for logo usage, promotional restrictions and partner recognition program to ensure what partners offer are proportionate to benefits delivered whilst liaising with the media and PR team.
- Updating and monitoring engagements on the foundation’s social media platforms
- Finding and developing relevant content of interest to our audience
- Tracking traffic to social media platforms and sending reports to the board on a monthly basis
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our organization
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Developing interactive and innovative online campaigns, contests and competitions
- Archiving social media content and press releases
- Developing video podcasts with key research information and data for the website
- Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
- Writing press releases for publishing in newspapers and online blogs/websites
- Securing radio stations to advertise the foundations’ activities
- Designing and updating email newsletters sent to members and other stakeholders
- Research on education, employability, unemployment, entrepreneurship and relevant legislation for updates to the foundation’s resource section and podcasts
- Liaising with the Policy and Research Team to gain relevant content for our media platforms
- President of the Executive Council
- A university degree in public relations, languages, English, communications, business administration, business management or a related field of study
- Knowledge of photography will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2-year experience in media and communication
- Excellent communication skills including excellent skills in social media platform usage
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in media and communication space
- Must be very well organized with knowledge of colour theory.
- Big picture strategist and outside of the box creativity.
- Ability to proactively take actions necessary to produce results and work independently/with little guidance.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated, ensuring quality and consistent output.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of motivation and CV in a single attachment to [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd August 2020.