Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited Recruitments.
Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of “PEB”: Pre-Engineered Buildings. Located in Lagos, Nigeria. Working from certified designs in the manufacturing and erection of steel structures, we can construct a wide variety of buildings such as warehouses, airport hangers, factories, churches, commercial and residential spaces with Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and in the Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control Officer
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Work with the Factory manager to identify approaches and methods to improve overall quality. Educate workers on the require standards.
- Note and report on work that does not meet requirements. Interpret and review shop drawings.
- Inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications and plan requirements.
- Monitor overall construction performance with regard to technical quality and compliance with design and specification requirements.
- Approve in-process construction / fabrication by confirming required specifications.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others.
- Study the codes and required projects specifications.
- Preparation of testing, qualification and certification processes for welding as per project specifications.
- Monitors and ensures that welding is carried out in the right condition.
- Provision of accurate data of the welding inspection parameters.
- Preparation of relevant reports on welding activities.
- Provision of professional supervision to the welding team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and other Engineering course
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience in a Steel Fabrication industry.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications
- Coordinate Test Pack preparation and Final Handover documentation activities to ensure smooth handover.
- Conduct and organize QMS Internal / External audit and ensure close out of all Inspection and Audit Non conformities.
Job Title: Dimensional Control Engineer
Slot: 2 Openings
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Responsible for developing all testing procedures or method statements related to dimension control and distortion control on products.
- Responsible for all required dimensional check hold points that have been developed and established by project specifications and methods.
- Responsible for the identification and control of non-conforming drawings to requirements.
- To prepare and maintain dimension control inspection quality plan.
- Ensure that required reports are completed according to the project specifications.
- Carry out dimensional survey in line with the clients and approved specifications.
- Review of Approve Construction/fabrication Drawings and specification for tolerance.
- Dimensional checking of all fitted items prior to and after welding activities.
- Data collation and storage in respect to dimensional quality records
- Preparation of relevant reports on dimensional issues.
- Carry out dimensional and visual check of jobs and fit ups as required.
- Relevant Codes, Specifications and procedure guiding each and every project are strictly adhered to and they also serve as reference documents, including welding.
- In addition, contractual requirements as contained in the contract document, timely dimensional survey in line with project requirements.
- Ensuring that dimensional checking of all fitted items after welding activities are concluded on a timely basis.
- Collecting accurate data on dimensional inspection parameters and reproducing them in appropriate format.
- Ensuring that the Drawings and Specification for Tolerance are being strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring minimal dimensional quality defects on projects.
- Reporting dimensional project activities to the factory manager on a regular basis.
- B.Eng. in any Engineering, Technical or Surveyor discipline. Professional certification/membership will be an added advantage.
- 5- 10 years experience as a dimensional engineer in a Steel Fabrication Construction industry.
- Working knowledge of Quality, specifically Dimensional Control experience
- Ability to interpret drawings and/ or CAD models
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Good understanding/experience of Quality Assurance
- Experience of contracts/procurement
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft Office reading and producing reports, inputting data into spreadsheets
- Experience of Supplier Interface
- Relevant Engineering or Manufacturing Environment
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
- Enforce the safety policies, rules, regulations and Standard work Instruction of the Company.
- Preparing maintenance plan for all kind of equipment in the plant such as; Machines (according to the manuals). Cranes, Forklift, Generators, Welding machines and other Plant Equipment.
- Make the maintenance routine (daily, weekly & monthly) to all kinds of equipment in the plant.
- Identify current and future maintenance requirements
- Ensures systems are in place for production support operations
- Lead the Mechanical maintenance team Ц train the employees, guide them and prepare them a daily work plan.
- Updating and adjusting the Mechanical maintenance plan according to changes that occurs from time to time and new equipment we purchase.
- Logs, monitors, and controls the dispensing of all tools used in maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the safe transportation of tools within the facility.
- Assigns and inspects work of maintenance personnel. Coordinates the preparation of repair orders, equipment records, requisitions, etc.
- Conducts inspections to determine the need for repair and to estimate repair costs.
- Schedules preventive maintenance for all safety equipment and systems.
- Maintains logs of pending and completed maintenance activities. Prepares progress, status, and other reports.
- Controlling the production plan, and comparing the performance against the plan.
- Collecting maintenance data of all kind of equipment in the plant.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in construction/fabrication industry as a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Additional technical trade courses desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing.
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
- Carry out risk assessments and develop strategy to reduce risks.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment
- Conducts toolbox meetings
- Participate in the project safety committee and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Reviews and approves all subcontractorТs safety plans in line with SCNL standard
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Promotes safe practices at the job site
- Enforces safety guidelines
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
- Conducts job hazard analyses
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed
- Performs emergency response drills
- Ensure the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
- Arranges for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants
- B.SC./HND in Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Steel Fabrication industry;
- Possession of relevant QHSE certificates and NISP Level 3 will be added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship
- Vast knowledge of safety procedures in the oil & Gas, fabrication and EPC industry.
- Sound human relation and planning processes
- Relevant Engineering or Manufacturing health, safety and environment experience.
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Good understanding/experience of safety procedural standards.
- Computer literacy. Drive and Initiative.
Job Title: Steel Fabrication Production Manager – Expatriate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire production process of the company
- Develop and determine short, medium- and long-term production manpower needs.
- Ensure projects/task are discussed with the technical teams before project commencement.
- Responsible for completing each job on time, on budget and with a high level of quality
- Obtain and study all projects drawings for effective execution in line with project specifications.
- Reviews proposals / contracts for feasibility, cost and schedule issues
- Responsible for obtaining permits and evaluation of subcontractors
- Ensure the ultimate goal complete customer satisfaction
Management of Jobs:
- Responsible for a complete understanding of the job blueprints, specifications and bids
- Ensures each job site is visited daily to monitor job progress, quality, safety and site security
- Creates job schedules, orders materials and schedules sub-contractors
- Conducts a pre-construction meeting with supervisors, projects engineers at the start of each job
- Responsible for communicating daily Job Report to customers as directed by the CEO
- Maintains job log for each active job and ensure timely completion of each jobs within the job time frame.
- Conducts regular project review meetings with customers
- Responsible for change orders: scope, cost, documentation and customer approval
Financial / Cost Management:
- Identifies cost concerns in the management of material usage. estimating phase
- Tracks actual costs against estimates and coordinates with procurement and Account departments.
- Approves Waybills for payment in all production materials purchase.
- Ensures compliance with all company rules, policies and agreements
- Manage the entire production staff, project site staff, contractors and sub – contractors
- Supervises field staff and subcontractors
- Evaluates quantity and quality of jobs at each production stages.
- Conduct performance appraisal in partnership with human resources department.
- Document company procedures and train employees and subcontractors.
- Possess a relevant degree in Engineering, Business Administration and other related degrees
- A minimum of 20 years experience in a similar role in a steel fabrication industry.
- MBA and other additional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to achieve results.
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Adequate knowledge of the construction industry, current trends and best practices
- Experience in managing operational activities.
- Significant problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and delegation skills.
- Strong understanding and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Vast interpersonal relationship and Can-Do- Spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and Team building skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organizational skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel, AutoCAD and word processing programs;
- Time management and Good judgment skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with Subordinates, Seniors and Clients.
- Must be technically sound.
As a Factory Manager you are to maintain strict confidentiality and You must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Be a team player;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be pro-active and flexible;
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.