Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) Recruitment for Finance/Accounts Manager.
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) was established by individuals who are passionate about unlocking the potential of the agriculture and nutrition landscape in West Africa and creating strong agricultural sector-led economic growth within the region.
In 2008, one of Sahel’s co-founders began to provide consulting and advisory services for a range of private, public and development organizations in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria and Senegal. These experiences provided exposure to the gaps in the agricultural sector and deepened a desire to serve as a catalyst for positive change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/Accounts Manager
- The Finance/Accounts Manager would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into the accounting system
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with the company’s policies
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (ACA, ACCA, ).
- 5 to 7 years of accounting related experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a Word – formatted single document to: with “Finance/Accounts Manager” as the subject.
Application Deadline Open till Filled.
Note: Preference is for candidates who live around Sango Otta and its environs.