Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment for Human Resources and Administration Coordinator. The Application deadline is 11th April 2019.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Coordinator
Job ID: 190000S8
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Save the Children is seeking a Human Resources and Administration Coordinator in its newly established Yobe field office to provide support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources and Administrative functions and for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures.
- The Human Resources and Administration Coordinator will contribute to ensuring that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to Save the Children’s Quality Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct, and will endeavour to implement effective administration systems.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Maintain a database of recruitment related advertising agencies – including websites, professional forums, and costs.
- Receive applications from prospective candidates and maintain an applicant database.
- Develop a standard induction pack and maintain an induction scheduled for new staff
- Participate in panels as well as in the shortlisting and interviewing as well as negotiating offers for prospective staff
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of Global Inductions for new hires within Save the Children in Nigeria on a monthly basis.
- Assist HR Manager in developing and maintaining contacts with other key INGO players to undertake a regular review of their terms and conditions of their salary structures.
- Assist with the analysis of HR needs of a programme and look for sustainable solutions. Provide a generalist HR service to managers across a full range of HR issues
Human Resource Management:
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in the development of annual needs for development / training through the formal performance review process.
- Identify training courses and their costs and maintain a list of available courses.
- Research training opportunities as prioritised by the SMT or as requested by supervisors.
- Provide support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff.
- Preparation of consultancy contracts for national and international consultants as well as keeping an updated and accessible database of consultants in line with acceptable SCI procedures.
Administration and Office Management:
- Management of Office facilities and travel for the Country operations
- Manage the Support Services budget including preparation and monitoring; manage cash flow forecasting and supervise the petty cash for support services
- Develop, manage, and oversee effective relationships with service providers, suppliers, landlords, etc, ensuring transparency and value for money
- Manage and supervise the Administrative and Office Assistants
- Liaise with the Programme Operations (field and Abuja) to ensure that shared office support functions run smoothly, and resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the Yobe office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery, equipment) etc, is fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable all staff to operate with maximum efficiency
- Oversee the maintenance of Yobe office premises/residences, furniture, fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Pro-actively identify potential problems affecting staff and the running of the office, proposing solutions and working to put them in place
- Ensure compliance with Save the Children Quality Standards, Global Policies and Guidelines
Travel, Logistics & Events:
- Oversee the management for all travel, business visas, and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official Save the Children business. Ensure that travel is on schedule and cost effective and that visits to Country Programmes occur with a minimum of disruption and downtime.
- Ensure that meetings and conferences are effectively managed in the CO ensuring value for money and transparency in all the processes.
- Internal: Regular liaison with the country management team
- External: Other INGOs, Statutory bodies
- University degree in Business Administration, or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience of setting up and maintaining management information systems and office systems.
- Experience of effective budget development and management.
- Experience of negotiating service contracts and ensuring value for money.
- Excellent communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent organizational skills and a track record of consistently prioritising delivering on time.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Human Resources and Administration role in a corporate or INGO environment
- Proven ability to provide high level support to management teams.
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that including complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Good judgement, initiative and problem solving ability
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Staff Performance Management
- Willing and able to travel around the state as needed.
- Experience in working in a diverse international team
- Experience working in Emergencies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 11th April 2019.