Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for De Santiago Milan Hotel & Suites Recruitment for Front Desk Agent. The Application deadline is 24th September 2019.
De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Agent
Report to: Front office manager
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determinate’s a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures and record details in the courier Mail Register.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Inform guest of the room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Education: Academic and Professional – First Degree from the Arts, Sciences or Humanities.
- Minimum of three (3 -5) years of hotel front desk experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, conversant with Microsoft Applications and Hospitality Software.
- Must be able to speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their Applications to using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th September 2019.