Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018/2019 Romanian Government Scholarships for International Students. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Sponsors: Romanian Government
Application Deadline: 15th March 2018
Eligible Countries: Any non-EU country
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees
The Romanian Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers Scholarships to foreign citizens to study for Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral Degrees for the 2018/2019 academic year.
However, the candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrolment calendar. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission.
Eligible Field of Study: priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts.
About Scholarship: The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Eligibility: Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) are eligible to apply. Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
Number of Scholarships: 85 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania
Value of Scholarship:
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study, subject to academic performance.
How to Apply: To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Read Also: Things You Should Know About Romanian Money
Important Notes: Language of Study: In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. Students who declare that they know Romanian language will have to pass a language test organized by the competent higher education institutions.