Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for REACH International Recruitment for Field Officer.
REACH International was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Field (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process.
Job Title: Field Officer
Position to Start: 1st Quarter, 2019
Contract Duration; 6 months
The REACH Field Officer shall be responsible for:
- Data cleaning, analysis, and entry
- Managing enumeration teams
- Focus group discussion facilitation
- Logistics support
- Any other tasks need to ensure the success of the REACH mission in Nigeria
Data cleaning, analysis and entry:
- The REACH Field Officer will clean and analyze datasets given by REACH staff and collected by field teams.
- They will also enter textual data into spreadsheets or databases for easier tracking and analysis, and ensure that all data they collect is properly stored onto the Dropbox server.
Managing enumeration teams:
- The REACH Field Officer will lead enumeration teams of up to 10 individuals and be responsible to providing direction, logistical and technical support to the enumerators.
- They will also support the REACH Assessment/GIS Officer/Field Manager/Senior Field Officer as needed; they will directly manage enumeration teams and ensure key informant networks are developed and maintained.
Focus group discussion facilitation and analysis:
- The REACH Field Officer will facilitate or co-facilitate focus group discussion in the refugee settlements and provide qualitative analysis of the results as required.
- The REACH Field Officer will provide logistics support to the REACH Senior Field Officer by filling and tracking order forms and tracking existing and incoming REACH assets in field locations as needed.
- They will also provide support in organizing movement of REACH teams to and from field locations, identifying accommodations and office space, and liaising with appropriate government authorities to ensure REACH can conduct activities as needed.
- The REACH Field Officer will participate in other, undefined tasks that are necessary to support the REACH mission in Nigeria.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in humanitarian or development organizations, preferably in a field-based position
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of the time required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development) required
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
- Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Prior experience working in IDP settlements an asset
- Spoken fluency in English and Hausa required
- Strong written skills in English and Hausa required
- Ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.