Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Protege Management Recruitment for Brand & Media Marketing Manager.
Protege Management – Our client is a major leading Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand & Media Marketing Manager
Job Location: Uyo, Akwa-Ibom
Report To: Managing Director / CEO
- Responsible for adapting a brand strategy to shape the company’s outward image of the product for the target market.
- Use customer and trend research to create strategies that will change how people perceive the brand.
- Act as the ‘brand guardian’ and maintain brand integrity across all company marketing initiative, broadcast and online platform to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations and to build the credibility of brands.
- Driving the growth of the brand reputation and ensuring all aspects of its marketing and manufacturing match.
- In collaboration with the Sales Manager – West Africa, the Brand and Media Manager will lead the development of local and West Africa Marketing plans for the company.
- Organizing field sales events such as product launches, exhibitions, road shows, and photo shoots.
- Analysing the brand and current strategy and highlighting areas of weaknesses or conflicting messages.
- Creating a brand plan and brand strategy and ensuring all aspects of the product or company’s marketing and activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand.
- Sourcing suppliers and products that fit with the context of the brand.
- Creating an enduring brand message that results in increased sales, brand loyalty and improving market share.
- Championing the brand internally making sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals.
- Working closely with all parts of the company to ensure commercial goals of the brand are met.
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term.
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media.
- Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities.
- Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Playing a key part in buying, sourcing and manufacturing of the brands products and ensuring all aspects of the supply chain both tangible and intangible align with the brand.
- Developing high quality and effective marketing materials that align correctly with the overall brand strategy.
- Realistic forecasting of sales and volume for the brand ensuring all parts of the company are geared accordingly.
- Presenting the brand strategy to directors and sales and marketing teams at internal meetings and conferences.
- Development and execution of experiential and sampling programmes, and major events.
- Development and execution of digital marketing engagement programmes, including local events, calendar creation and influencer programmes.
- Managing external agencies and ensuring marketing budgets are met.
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximising all opportunities for growth.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs.
- Overseeing advertising, product design, events and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in branding.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Business Management or related field.
- 8+ years’ equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience of FMCG working as a brand manager ideally within a similar industry.
- Demonstrative success in managing brand plans.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns.
- Experience of sampling, experiential and event management.
- Agency management and team working skills.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
- An analytical bias, enabling you to understand insights and commercial data.
- A passionate and engaging attitude to both work and life.
- The ability to influence staff on a 360 basis both up and down the organisation is essential.
- Experience with and an understanding of market research.
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive basic salary depending on experience.
- Performance related company and individual performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday + BH.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: copy using the “Job title” as subject of the email.