Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation Recruitment for National Programme Officer. The Application deadline is 22nd August 2019.
Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization working to support the achievement of the United Nation’s sustainable development goals (SDGs), through interventions and initiatives in Education, Health, Arts/Culture, Sports and Environment. The organization engages with local and international partners in providing cutting edge development solutions to all segments of the population in its chosen thematic areas. In furtherance of its activities to protect, safeguard, preserve and promote natural and cultural heritage, as well as diversity of cultural expressions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Programme Officer
Overview of the Functions of the Post
Under the overall authority of the Executive Director, Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation, and the direct supervision of the Director of Programmes, the incumbent is tasked with the following:
- Provide support in drafting work-plans, budget documents, and to follow-up on the implementation, monitoring and re porting (monthly, quarterly, semester and annual reports) as related to the Culture programme of the Organization;
- Contribute to day-to-day activities implementation and ensure conformity with expected results, including timely support to the preparation, organization and follow-up to meetings, events and workshops;
- Organize, compile and process information in liason with key stakeholders, partners and colleagues to produce reliable databases and documents on Culture related programmes and projects;
- Provide support to the identification and commitment with CSOs, service providers, consultants and other vendors for the preparation and implementation of their tasks for the effective achievement of Culture programme results, while ensuring a strict compliance with the Organisation’s rules and regulations;
- Contribute to the internal and external communication and information sharing on the implementation of the culture programme, including through the preparation of reports, briefing notes, but also the development of relevant contents for both online ( internet, social media etc. and offline report) communication tools, as well as communication support materials ( banner, stands, leaflets, etc)
- Undertake any other relevant tasks in collaboration with other departments and programme Units, as may be requested for effective coherence and delivery of the Organization’s mandate.
- At least a University Degree (B.Sc, BA or equivalent) in Culture, Arts, Theatre, or any other relevant Social and Human Science discipline. An advanced degree would be an advantage.
- At least three years of progressive responsible experience in administration of programme management and support;
- Knowledge of Culture/Heritage and Cultural Industry issues;
- Solid experience in managing communication and interaction with a variety of stakeholders (government, CSO, donors, UN agencies, local government, etc. for effective liaison, synergy and coherence in the preparation and delivery of project’s activities;
- Good experience in working with International Development Partners, including UN agencies.
- Proven experience in the implementation and reporting on donor-funded projects involving multiple implementing partners;
- Proven experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Proven ability to carry out complex tasks within a short deadline;
- Good knowledge of Culture related issues, including UNESCO’s Conventions on culture;
- Good team orientation;
- Timely and accurate support to the Organization team for effective planning and delivery of programme activities (meetings, events, workshops, missions, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken); knowledge of at least two local languages is an asset.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to produce concept notes, reports and papers on technical and strategic issues;
- Ability to organize events (trainings, workshops, travels etc)
- Good IT skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter and copies of Diplomas/Degrees to: using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates resident h Nigeria with authorization to work in the country are eligible to apply
Application Deadline Thursday; 22nd August 2019.