Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Recruitment for Office Manager. The application deadline is 11th February, 2019.
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. They’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 200,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, they’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and close to 9,000 people. .
Job Title: Office Manager
Reference Number: 130-PEO00990
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- Oversees procurement activities; identifies opportunities to increase value for money, drive efficiencies, identify savings opportunities without impact on quality
- Defines procurement strategies and standards, and establishes recommendations for the procurement of services and potential suppliers
- Designs and implements methods to improve the collection of procurement data, its analysis and a reporting framework to monitor the deliverables within each procurement category
- Supports negotiation, contract drafting and review as required
- Oversees the management of facility contracts and identify category management areas along with renewal and negotiation.
- Develops operational framework within which procurement activities are conducted
- Undertakes review of specific spend areas within a best- practice framework and identifies both the resource needs and process changes required
- Liaises with current and potential suppliers to negotiate contracts, including the management of tender processes for the award of new contracts
Office and Facility Management:
- Evaluates and communicates facilities risk management, including operational, health and safety and financial, mobilisation risks to senior stakeholders.
- Oversees the management of and reports for equipment inventory and asset register.
- Supervises the Business Continuity function and incident reporting process
- Manages car fleet and drivers to meet regulatory requirements and mitigate financial and personal risks to the firm and its staff.
- Oversees and takes ownership of internal service deliveries required for a functioning office, e.g. meeting rooms, workstations, cleaning, transportation etc.
- Ensures maintenance programmes and routine repairs are completed and ensure budget provisions exists to deliver the programme.
Health and Safety:
- Supervises the Health and Safety Team and defines the strategy for the delivery of total Health and Safety cover for the firm.
- Arranges annual Portable appliance testing (PAT), testing of firefighting appliances and training of Health and Safety committee staff.
- Reviews the health and safety policy annually and make amendments as appropriate.
- Completes relevant regulatory paperwork for all health and safety areas and review all contractor paperwork.
- Drafts, monitors and applies policies to support a flexible work environment.
- Takes full responsibility for the provision of all general Insurances, ensuring that all are sufficient for business purposes and regulatory requirements.
- Manages claims handling as required for all insurance claims processed.
- Liaises directly with the Brokers and Insurance providers to ensure provision is accurate and in place
- Maintains an asset register for management of equipment and ensures that the adequate insurance
- Annually prepares and regularly monitors the budget for all areas of responsibility, including facilities, services, supplies and office services.
- Carries out any other duties as may be requested by the line manager.
- Works in such a way as to minimise the risks to the information technology environment safely, securely and confidently.
- Contributes to the tidiness and ambience of the office environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and (where possible) an involvement in quality initiatives.
- Provides strong leadership and ensures clear strategic objectives are in place.
- Manages the day to day performance, learning and development of the team, including one to one feedback sessions and conducting performance appraisals
- Exercises overall control of the day to day activities of the various units.
- Manages the performance of the facility sub-contractors.
- Supports the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promotes a strong team culture.
- Minimum of a University degree in Social Science, or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or Certified Facility Manager (CFM) and Project Management or its equivalent
- An MBA or Master’s degree in any business related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ post-graduation experience, with at least four (4) years’ experience in a Senior Management role
- Experience in Project Management
- Highly organised, works well under pressure and enjoys coordinating and planning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.