Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Recruitment for Manager – Deals (Advisory).
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. They’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 200,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, they’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and close to 9,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Deals (Advisory)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00241
Job type: Permanent
Purpose of the Job
Drive the PwC Nigeria Deals practice’s development and execution in the following areas:
- Vendor assistance
- Feasibility study and business plan
- Other financial advisory services
- Capital raise (equity, debt and mezzanine)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (buy side and sell side)
- Due diligence (financial and commercial)
- Execute financial / commercial due diligence and other transaction-related services, such as vendor assistance, feasibility study and business plan, to corporate and private equity fund clients.
- Assess a target company’s quality of earnings, quality of assets, normalized working capital and net debt
- Ability to identify the target’s key business performance drivers and key deal issues
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, especially current accounting standards that could impact the transaction
- Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, “local” Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities / specializations and PwC Global Advisory capabilities within the context of the financing / capital raise complex
- Support business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development.
- Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
- Drive the development XLOS and X-Geography teams per client
- Managing client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
- As a trusted advisor, demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges & mobilize necessary cross-competency and cross-geography teams to resolve them
- Partner with advisory competencies in leading the client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
- Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
- Effectively lead in people development, and manage the team to provide exceptional service
- Develop finance / capital raise specific training modules and lead the deployment (training sessions)
- Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
- Support leadership in building and maintaining a pipeline of competent staff in the Deals practice
- Ensure assigned projects follow risk management policies and standards in accordance with standards
- Lead and report on engagement economics & metrics
- Build good XLOS and X-competency relationships, and support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm’s objectives
- Execute on Acquisition financing, Project financing and Recapitalization projects
- Deal identification & origination i.e. sourcing the transaction
- Deal preparation & structuring i.e. deal readiness assessments & enablement, financing strategy development etc.
- Deal marketing i.e. marketing material development, engaging with potential financing partners in competitive or negotiated processes etc.
- Deal close i.e. managing due diligence, negotiations, securing funding etc.
- Develop and keep up to date the PwC Deals financing / capital raise thesis
- Landscape / value chain – funding lifecycle, notable players including funders and users (key projects and corporates), dynamics, evolution etc.
- PwC Deals’ “unique point of view” on financing in Nigeria / West Africa – trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
- Identify the potential PwC client universe within the value chain (mid to large cap and relationship dimensions)
- Prioritize focus sub-sectors /targets and derive PwC Deal’s very detailed “go-to-market strategy” (in conjunction with other relevant leaders)
- Determine PwC investment requirements to enhance our financing / capital raise presence
- Other relevant components of the thesis
Job Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus
- CFA designation is a plus
- Education, experience, knowledge, skills
- Education: (minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to performer effectively in the role)
- Fluency in the English language is required. Fluency in French is advantageous
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and an ability to understand clients’ business issues
- Sound business judgement and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and refined presentation skills
- Proven ability to supervise the completion of detailed financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation
- Ability to interact with senior management of potential clients as well as senior government officials
- Capacity to think laterally and creatively outside traditional transactional advisory and financing
- Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role
- Minimum of 5 years of investment banking / deal advisory / private equity experience with a focus on capital raise
- Experience in running sell-side / capital raising process
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Due diligence experience
- Business Development in the Deals Advisory space
- Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc
- Financing / capital raise structuring and execution / Mergers and Acquisitions
Job-Related Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to respond to change
- Lead and supervise teams and team activities
- Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
- Excellent relationship and networking skills – proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
- Project Management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Application of technical expertise
- Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment.
- Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job
- Excellent Business Development skills – Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Exceptional Presentation, Communication and Facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills – Persuading and Influencing
- Strong creativity and innovation abilities
- Exceptional Client Service – delivering results and exceeding client expectations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 17th February, 2020.