Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Recruitment for Nutrition Officer. The Application deadline is 16th January 2019.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Their teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Their aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for the position below to join its Nutrition team in Monguno:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Slot: 19 Openings
Starting Date: 08 of February 2019
End of Contract: 31/03/2019 (with possibility of extension)
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Supervisor, the Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) or Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program depending on assignment.
- Responsibilities will include day to day supports to Nutritional activities in the health facilities, mobile health outposts and their catchment communities, monitoring of activities, report making, coordination with other sectors as well as close collaboration with the Nutrition unit at the MOH health facility staff and managers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure sound and timely data collection based on the existent database systems for ongoing monitoring of Nutrition project activities
- Ensure that all Nutrition activities are consistent with established best practices according to the standardized protocols, policies and guidelines outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities and catchment communities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed
- Work with the nutrition team to ensure appropriate use of all programme resources under his/her care
- Ensure a good working relationship with all stakeholders involved in the PUI service provision to supported health facilities and catchment communities in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC)
- Responsible for the day to day management of Nutrition activities (IYCF or CMAM)
- Working closely with the Nutrition Supervisors and other project team; support in the identification, recruitment and supervision of the activities of Community Nutrition Mobilisers (CNM) and Mother Care Groups (MCG)
- With technical support from CMAM and IYCF Supervisors conduct trainings to build the capacity of CNMs and the community at large
- Provide technical support to PUI staff, MoH and other humanitarian actors as necessary to promote consistent good practice
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging/behaviour change communication (BCC) to mothers and other carers at OTP and IYCF sites in the community.
- Language skills: Good command in English,(speaking, reading & writing) Hausa and Kanuri
- Education degree: Bachelor in Medicine, Nutrition, Dietetics, Nursing or equivalent
- Work experience: At least 1 year experience in CMAM and Infant and IYCF in Emergency in host communities or IDP camp settings. Experience in NGO is mandatory
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems
- Proven ability and experience in planning and conducting formal training session on nutrition including CMAM and IYCF
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a nutrition representative of PUI in the working area
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues.
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Understanding of the context of the area
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding and capacity of integration into the local environment
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should to apply.
Application Deadline 16th January, 2019.