Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Vacancy for Internal Auditor. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
About Plan International Nigeria
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Req Id: 25502
- The Internal Auditor function is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive internal audit program, which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan International Nigeria.
- Whilst risk management responsibility is that of the Country management, she/he is the main instrument for its implementation and improvement.
- Coordinate and monitor the Internal Audit function and programs.
- Participate in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the audit work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented.
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors and support their audit process.
- Strengthen the Risk Management processes in line with Plan International requirements through facilitation of the country risk management plan of actions, update and monitoring of the country risk register.
- Review the current Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the Organization’s objectives and report on areas of improvement.
- Analyze all success factors and risks facing the organization, report them to management and provide recommendations for improvement of the risk management and overall Internal Control system.
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible audit observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and Plan’s rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Fair knowledge in grants and project management.
- Knowledge and use of accounting software (Preferably SAP
- Ability to train and mentor staff, partners and communities.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Good listening and interviewing skills.
- Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems.
- Organized, methodical and meticulous.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to Apply
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.