Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Owens & Xley Consults Recruitment for Accountant / Admin Officer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant / Admin Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking to recruit an Accountant / Admin Officer. He / She would be responsible for maintaining the financial and accounting function
- S / He or she will be tasked with preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll, managing the company’s expenses and carrying out administrative duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of the company budget
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Manage petty cash
- Manage expense requisition
- Manage payment process to the vendors with Business Director
- Follow up with creditors
- Ensure that invoices are sent
- Ensure that payments are made
- Assist in the day to day running of the store
- Manage employee requests
- File and manage employee records
- Reconcile bank statements
- Establish and maintain supplier/vendor accounts
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the accounting software
- Prepare financial statements such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Prepare quarterly reports and report on variances
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
- Perform other duties as assigned/required by the Business Director.
- Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
- Other Requirements: Professional Qualifications/Experience
- Educational Qualification: Minimum of HND / B.Sc in a Finance and Administrative role.
Experience / Skills:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in the retail industry a plus
- Use of accounting software
- Compulsory skills required (E.g. must be proficient in Excel)
- Proven integrity
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Keen eye for detail
- Preferably lives within the Lekki axis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.