Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment for Statistical Systems Coordinator. The Application deadline is 29th August 2020.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a permanent, intergovernmental Organization, created at the Baghdad Conference on September 10–14, 1960, by Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. The five Founding Members were later joined by ten other Members: Qatar (1961) – terminated its membership in January 2019; Indonesia (1962) – suspended its membership in January 2009, reactivated it in January 2016, but decided to suspend it again in November 2016; Libya (1962); United Arab Emirates (1967); Algeria (1969); Nigeria (1971); Ecuador (1973) – suspended its membership in December 1992, but reactivated it in October 2007; Angola (2007); Gabon (1975) – terminated its membership in January 1995 but rejoined in July 2016; Equatorial Guinea (2017); and Congo (2018). OPEC had its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, in the first five years of its existence. This was moved to Vienna, Austria, on September 1, 1965.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Statistical Systems Coordinator
Job Code: 3.2.01
- The Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other Research Division Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. It also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems and provides specialized relevant documents and references.
- The Department has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general as well as rendering IT development services.
Objective of Position
- To assist the Head of Data Services Department and to coordinate, supervise and carry out statistical activities, to manage and guide staff assigned to the Statistics Group in identifying, collecting, storing and retrieving statistical data for the Secretariat and in providing statistical assistance to researchers in the Secretariat; to carry out statistical research in energy, oil and economics related projects and other administrative tasks relating to the Group.
- Plans, develops, organizes, coordinate and supervises the activities relating to statistical data support and analysis and coordinates staff assignments within the Group.
- Guides staff in the group in compiling and analyzing statistical data as reported by Member Countries and secondary sources.
- Maintains and develops networking with other national organizations to improve the quality of statistics data in the Secretariat.
- Coordinates and assists the Head in administrative matters referring to the Statistics Group.
- Supervises the staff in the group in maintaining and updating the statistical database of the Secretariat.
- Guides the Department’s staff, in close cooperation with the staff of other Departments in the Secretariat, to generate and improve the statistical data reporting by the Secretariat.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or Economics
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 10 years
- Advanced degree: 8 years.
- Statistical methods and analysis
- Firm knowledge in the area of energy with specific expertise in the oil sector.
- Relational Databases, Design Principles (ER-Modeling, Data Flow Diagram)
- Extraction and transformation tools
- Database queries and data mining
- IT Skills (Internet, Networking, FTP, TCP/IP)
- Oil industry operation
- Application Software: Excel, Access, Oracle, B20/20, PL/SQL
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
- Initiative and integrity
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade D reporting to the Head, Data Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years
Application deadline 29th August 2020.