Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Recruitments at Tetra Tech. The application deadline is 10th January 2019.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports the government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Job Title: Environmental Compliance Specialist, Nigeria WATIH
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified Environmental Compliance Specialists to provide support to an $86-96 million, USAID-funded Trade and Investment Hub Activity in West Africa.
- The purpose of the Activity is to improve the competitiveness of West African farmers and firms. This will be accomplished by increasing productivity, market participation, investment and adoption of improved technologies.
- USAID defines agriculture competitiveness as the ability of a farm, firm, sector, or country to sell and provide goods and services in a given market – in relation to the ability and performance of other farms, firms, sectors or countries in the same market.
- The Environmental Compliance Specialist will support the COP and home office management team within the areas of environmental compliance following USAID regulations.
- Gathers information as a member of environmental impact assessment teams, and assists with report writing;
- Helps prepare Environmental Screening Forms (ESFs), Environmental Review Reports (ERRs), Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plans (EMMPs) and other related reports for project activities;
- Conducts environmental monitoring in support of EMMP implementation.
Tetra Tech Recruitment Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, Geographic Information Systems, or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in environmental compliance of USAID-funded programs, including experience supporting overseas projects;
- Experience in conducting health and social impact assessments;
- Excellent technical and working knowledge of environmental impacts concerning agriculture and economic development;
- Experience in the use of environmental monitoring technology and tools such as GIS and/or remote environmental tracking devices is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including ability to communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences;
- Familiarity with USAID requirements, processes, and reporting procedures;
- Ability to travel frequently (25-50%), conduct environmental monitoring in the field, and work under tight deadlines;
- Experience working on international development projects with an agriculture, agribusiness or trade focus;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment in an international setting;
- Experience working in West Africa. Nigeria experience preferred;
- Fluency in both French and English.
How to Apply for Tetra Tech Recruitments
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 10th January 2019