NSC Recruitment Form 2019/2020 – Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified Nigerians for the Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) Recruitment 2019/2020 – www.shipperscouncil.gov.ng. All applicants should see how to apply for the Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) recruitment 2019/2020 below.
In this post, we will guide candidates who wish to participate in the Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) 2019 recruitment most especially those having issues with the NSC recruitment portal on how to apply successfully. We will guide you through the process, all you need to do is to follow the steps below:
About Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC)
The period before the creation of Nigerian Shippers’ Council in 1978 was characterized by the deteriorating quality of shipping services and unmitigated increases in Ocean freight rates by foreign ship owners who operated scheduled liner services to Nigerian ports. Acting under a powerful cartel of Conference Lines arrangement, shipping companies unilaterally imposed freight rate increases, which averaged between twenty-five percent (25%) and thirty percent (30%) per annum along three notable shipping ranges. Nigeria took its turn to implement the UNCTAD recommendation by establishing the Nigerian Shippers’ Council in 1978 through the enactment of Nigerian Shippers’ Council Act Cap. N133 LFN 2004; Two subsidiary legislation on Funding and Local Shipping Charges were later made pursuant to this Act to enable the Council to perform its functions.
NSC Recruitment Requirements
- B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including the English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
How to Apply for NSC Recruitment 2019/2020
Note: The application process has not started, visit the official website regularly for updates.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit https://www.shipperscouncil.gov.ng/ for online recruitment.