Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment for Country Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager
Webcruiter ID: 4245115803
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Country Director
Supervision of: Technical supervision of HSS Coordinator, Officers and CMC
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
Duration: 12 months
Duties and responsibilities
- Promote and stimulate HSS risk management culture;
- Provide Country management group (CMG) with strategic advice based on changes to the context;
- Oversee and support national HSS risk management to staff, assets, operation and reputation of NRC;
- Implement the NRC Global HSS Management System at the national level and provide reports a required ;
- Undertake regularly missions in the field and provide technical support and security advice to the Area Managers (AM) and Country Director (CD)
- Identify safety and security conditions that are specific to the geographical areas where NRC intervenes and safety and security factors that may impede access to the beneficiaries of NRC
- Ensure that solutions respect both the rules and principles of the Health, Safety and Security System of
- NRC Nigeria, as well as the humanitarian standards of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence that are guiding the interventions of NRC for accessing beneficiaries
- Collaborate with the teams of Access, Emergency and CMC of NRC in Nigeria
- Develop and maintain national HSS documents and procedures incl. strategy and budget ;
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of NRC health, safety and security risk management framework, and reduce risks by seeking creative solutions for mitigation to (in order of priority): NRC staff, programs, organization, beneficiaries and assets ;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HSS Manager in an international humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Professional qualifications or studies in general management, HSS and/or risk management
- Prior work experience at the country level
- Experience or qualifications in humanitarian access
- Experience or qualifications in negotiations.
- Substantial and demonstrated prior experience as a trainer
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal,
- Valid driver’s license
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
- Commencement: August 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 40% travel to the field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Maiduguri is a non-family posting. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start
Application Deadline 15th June 2020.