Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Norwegian Embassy, Nigeria Recruitment for Programme Officer. The Application deadline is 29th March, 2019.
Norwegian Embassy in Nigeria – Diplomatic relations between Nigeria and Norway was established just after Nigeria’s Independence in 1960. In addition to Nigeria, the Norwegian Embassy in Abuja is also covering Benin, Togo and Cameroon..
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Political/Economic Reporting)
Position Type: Temporary – full-time contract
Main Purpose of Job
- The main task of the programme officer is to write regular reports and summaries to the management, after having found, selected and assessed current information on political, economic and social affairs in Nigeria and the West African region.
- In addition, the programme officer may be requested to assist the embassy as and when requested, which may include participation in external meetings, assessment of reports and/or accounts, the drafting of travel or meeting programmes, management of development aid programme etc.
- The Head of Mission may at any time assign other duties to the programme officer.
- A Master’s degree in Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Sociology or similar is required, as well as a proven ability to write reports.
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English is necessary, and knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- It is a requirement that the candidate has previous experience as a programme officer or an advisor, preferably in an Embassy, international organisation or similar.
- Proven ability to use computers and software packages (notably MS Word, Excel etc.) is required.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) efficiency, service-mindedness, flexibility and a friendly attitude, as well as the ability to work in a team are qualities that will be appreciated.
NGN 300,000 per month according to qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter (1 page maximum) stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how you have applied the above competencies in a previous role with a copy of their CV, give names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of 2-3 references, preferably immediate supervisors in present and/or previous jobs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria, with the correct visa/status or work permit as in case of non-Nigerian applicants.
- Staff members recruited locally by the Royal Norwegian Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Nigerian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates that are shortlisted and called for an interview would be required to bring certified copies of educational certificates/diplomas and testimonials of work experience.
- All candidates: Please quote in the subject line of email. “Application for position of programme officer”.
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2019.