Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for North-East Regional Initiative (NERI) Recruitment for Grants Officer. The application deadline is 4th February, 2019.
North-East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization.
Job Title: Grants Officer
Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
- The Grants Officer is responsible for supporting a distinct portfolio of program activities. This includes developing grant ideas in collaboration with Program Development Office, supporting and monitoring grant implementation, closing grants and maintaining all required electronic and paper files.
- S/he will closely coordinate with Program Development Officers to ensure that projects are developed and implemented in a manner that advances project goals and current strategy objectives.
- This position will be based at Abuja, Adamawa Borno, Yobe State, respectively.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Grants Officer in Abuja reports technically and administratively to the Grants Manager in Abuja. In the NE states, the Grants Officer reports administratively to the Program Manager of their respective office and technically to the Grants Manager in Abuja.
- Manage all aspects of assigned grant portfolio throughout all stages of project development, implementation and closure. Manage associated timelines and donor reporting requirements for individual grant activities. Maintain internal trackers, such as the grant status and closing trackers. Monitor grant portfolio pipeline of financial commitments and disbursements.
- Serve as a key point of contact for information on related project issues, coordination with partner organizations and sociopolitical and development trends.
- Develop project ideas in coordination with Program Development Office.
- Manage strategy objectives/action plan for assigned grant portfolio per the approved work plan.
- Draft project ideas with estimated budgets and present them in internal Grant Review Committee meetings.
- Prepare project proposals in grant database incorporating project objectives, activities, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation plan, media plan, budget and timeline.
- Ensure compliance with donor and organizational policies, procedures and regulations, throughout activity implementation. Ensure thorough, audit-compliant documentation.
- Monitor project progress against the approved project implementation timeline; identify delays and work closely with Program Development Office to ensure projects stay on track.
- Track overall project development and identify trends to document ‘success stories’ and ‘lessons learned’.
- Engage in overall political analysis, impact assessment, and participate in strategy development to advance the project goals.
- Review and contribute to the Final Evaluation Reports and prepare project documents for closing.
- Coordinate with staff in all departments to complete assigned tasks; engage in regular coordination with Program, Procurement and Finance units to quickly resolve implementation issues.
- Travel to project sites for follow up/support on activity implementation, as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in public administration, economics, finance, business management or a related field is required.
- Three years’ experience in grants management is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of general working experience is required.
- Prior experience with internationally-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating budgets, reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of grantees, and file management.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their documents (Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter) to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 4th February, 2019.