NIS Recruitment Form 2019/2020 – Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified Nigerians for the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2019/2020 – www.cbn.gov.ng. All applicants should see how to apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment 2019/2020 below.
In this post, we will guide candidates who wish to participate in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) 2019 recruitment most especially those having issues with the NIS recruitment portal on how to apply successfully. We will guide you through the process, all you need to do is to follow the steps below:
About Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958. The Immigration Department as it was known then was entrusted with the core Immigration duties under the headship of the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO). The department in its embryo inherited the Immigration Ordinance of 1958 for its operation. At inception, the department had a narrow operational scope and maintained a low profile and simple approach in attaining the desired goals and objectives of the government. During this period, only the Visa and Business Sections were set up. On August 1st, 1963, Immigration Department came of age when it was formally established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 171, Laws of Federation Nigeria). The head of the Department then was the Director of Immigration. Thus, the first set of Immigration officers were former NPF officers. It became a department under the control and supervision of the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs (FMIA) as a Civil Service outfit.
NIS Recruitment Qualifications
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
- Applicant must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicants must be medically fit and present a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of a criminal offence and must not be a member of a secret society/cult.
- Applicants must be free from financial embarrassment.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Persons with any of the following medical cases should not apply:
- Impediment in speech (stammerer/dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked knees
- Bent knees
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Bent arms/deformed hands/fracture
- Defective eyesight (squint-eye, crossed eye, one-eyed and total blindness)
- Amputation of any part of the physical body
- Hearing impaired (deaf)
- Hunched back
- Medical challenges and any other physical deformity not mentioned.
How to Apply for NIS Recruitment 2019/2020
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should to apply.