Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment for Internal Control & Compliance Analyst. The Application deadline is 3rd September 2019.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control & Compliance Analyst
Division: Shared Services Division
Department: Enterprise Risk Management Group
Report to: Compliance Officer (Risk)
Grade: Executive Assistant – Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: October 2, 2019
- The Internal Control and Compliance Analyst will provide support to the Internal Control and Compliance Manager in identifying risks that The Exchange may face and advise on how to avoid or address them, through the design and implementation of controls and compliance initiatives that may protect The Exchange from those risks. S/he will also monitor and report on the effectiveness of such control strategies in the management of the risk exposure.
- Assist in the implementation of control checks as well as administration of statutory policies and procedures to ensure that The Exchange and its subsidiaries are in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations eg International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Support in the implementation of approved Internal Control and Compliance Frameworks (regulatory and statutory) for the Exchange
- Work with Heads of Departments, CEO, Executive Committee, Council Committees and National Council of The Exchange to ensure that the Exchange achieves consistently high levels of compliance with all relevant laws and regulations as well as industry best practices
- Provide timely and accurate Internal Control and Compliance reporting to the Internal Control and Compliance Manager, Internal Auditors, Chief Risk Officer and other stakeholders as and when required
- Provide support for all investor and regulatory compliance and audit reviews; maintain good working relations with regulatory agencies and investors
- Work with the Internal Control and Compliance Manager to act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Physically monitor and confirm receipt of goods and services rendered to The Exchange and ensure payment is made for goods that meet specifications as in the original quotations. Ensure that all stock items received are posted to the bin card. Perform reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations
- Maintain effective working relationships across the organization with other control groups (ie Risk Management, Audit, Legal, etc)
- Keep proper records of work papers on control and compliance procedures carried out. Follow-up and track recommended corrective actions to ensure closure
Qualifications And Experience
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related numerate discipline, with 2 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Evidence of progress in professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Internal controls and risk management exposure is an advantage Understanding of security laws and a good understanding of ISA 2007, SEC laws, NSE rules and CAMA. Thorough knowledge of Compliance principles and practices.
- Research and Analysis
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Sound knowledge of risk management, internal control, and compliance
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Good time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work outside normal work hours when required
- Team Player
- Highly organised with attention to details
- Honesty & Reliability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position
Application Deadline 3rd September 2019.