In this article, you will get to know the Nigerian Police Force Ranks starting from the highest rank in the police force to the least rank in the force.
But before we take you through the NPF Rank and Structure, let’s look at the vision, mission, and values of the Nigerian Police Force.
To make Nigeria safer and more secure for economic development and growth; to create a safe and secure environment for everyone living in Nigeria.
- To partner with other relevant Security Agencies and the public in gathering, collating and sharing information and intelligence with the intention of ensuring the safety and security of the country
- To participate in efforts aimed at addressing the root causes of crime while ensuring that any criminal act is investigated so as to bring the criminals to justice in a fair and professional manner
- To engender an efficient, effective, well-trained and highly motivated workforce, with deliberate efforts aimed at improving the capacity and welfare of all officers and men of the Force
- To build a people’s friendly Police Force that will respect and uphold the fundamental rights of all citizens
- To build a gender sensitive and gender friendly Police Force that will give equal opportunity to female Police Officers, while at the same time respecting their peculiarities
Working together with people irrespective of religious, political, social or economic affiliations to:
- Deliver quality police service that is accessible to the generality of the people;
- Build a lasting trust in the police by members of the public;
- Protect and uphold the rights of persons, to be impartial and respectful in the performance of Police duties;
- Continuously evaluate and improve Police services;
- Provide equal opportunities for career developments for all members of the force;
- Cooperate with all relevant Government Agencies and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission to formulate and implement policies for the effective policing of Nigeria.
More about the Nigerian Police Force can be seen on their website: npf.gov.ng
Nigerian Police Force Ranks and Structure
Here’s a list the Nigerian Police Force ranks from the highest rank in the Nigerian Police (IGP) to the lowest rank in the police force, (Constable)
The Ranks Of The Nigerian Police Force are divided into three structures namely:
1. Administrative structure
2. Authority structure and
3. Organizational structure
These structures are patterned to meet the constitutional expectations of the Police, to perform effectively the duties assigned to it.
Ranks In The Nigerian Police Force
- Inspector General of Police (Highest Rank In The Nigerian Police Force)
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Assistant Inspector General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Corporal (Lowest Rank in The Nigerian Police Force)
You can also see the list of The Nigerian Police Salary Structure.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Nigerian Police Force Ranks & Structure, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.
GET LATEST UPDATES: Like