The Nigerian Navy salary structure is quite similar to that of other military agency under the Federal Ministry of Defence as they are being paid using the CONAFSS Salary Scale.
Nigerian Navy salary structure just like other ranks in the Nigerian Police, Navy, Army, Air force, Customs, and FRSC have an organized chain of command. They have commissioned and non-commissioned officers.
The Nigerian Navy conducts its recruitment exercise on yearly basis, and as such a lot of search queries have been submitted with regards to Nigerian Navy Salary Structure and Scale.
Some of them include;
- Nigerian Navy Salary Structure
- Nigerian Navy Salary Scale
- Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary
- How much does the Nigerian Navy pay their Staffs?
- How much does Nigerian NavyPay HND Holder
- How much does Nigerian Navy Pay B.Sc Holder
We will try as much as we can to address some of these queries in this article. However, before we go deeply into the Nigerian Navy salary structure, let’s find out more about the Nigerian Navy.
For those interested in joining the Nigerian Navy either through their direct short service course (DSSC) or their short service course (SSC), you must be aware of the various ranks and how much Naval personnel earn monthly or yearly?.
As with other Nigerian armed forces, there are benefits attached aside the monthly salaries paid to men and officers in the Navy. These benefits given to Naval officers ensure that they are taken care of as they protect the territorial waters of the nation.
If you are interested in joining the Nigerian Navy, its best you visit their recruitment portal which is www.joinnigeriannavy.com. After you register, you are to fill a recruitment form and possibly take a test and if you are on the successful list of those that passed the Nigerian navy exams, you have the opportunity of being selected at the interview.
Navy training usually takes 6 months before your rank is being assigned to you. Well, know that salaries in the Nigerian Navy is paid according to ranks. The command frowns at lobbying your way in but this is still prevalent in almost every nook and cranny in the country.
We have listed below the ranks of commissioned officers of the Nigerian navy and the salary structures of senior officers in the Navy.
Nigerian Navy Ranks (Commissioned officers)
Below are the Ranks in the Nigerian Navy
- Admiral of the Fleet. He might be also called grand admiral. The title refers to the naval officer of the highest rank.
- Admiral. It is usually connected with the Chief of Naval staff.
- Vice-Admiral. It is senior commissioned naval flag officer rank. It is the same as lieutenant general.
- Rear Admiral Commodore. He is a commissioned officer.
- Captain. He is one of the senior officers in Navy.
- Commander. It’s a middle naval category.
- Lieutenant. It refers to commissioned officer rank. Besides, it is usually the most senior of junior officers.
- Sub-Lieutenant. It is a deputy to the previous rank and subordinate to it.
- Mid-Shipman. It is someone, who is being trained to become a commissioned officer.
Nigerian Navy Ranks (Non-Commissioned Officers)
Below are the Nigerian Navy ranks for non-commissioned officers.
- Warrant Chief Petty Officer
- Chief Petty Officer
- Petty Officer
- Leading Rating
- Able Rating
- Ordinary Rating
Nigerian Navy Salary Structure
The salary structure of the Nigerian Navy quoted on this page is based on the Consolidated Armed Forces Salary Structure (CONAFSS) of the NSIWC. The salary structure includes all the ranks of the Nigerian Navy. It is worthy of note that the salaries of the Nigerian Navy personnel quoted on this page are the newly salary.
- Admiral – (₦16,303,140 – ₦20,691,400)
- Vice Admiral – (₦13,363,229 – ₦17,837,414)
- Real-Admiral – (₦12,038,945 – ₦16,516,124)
- Commodore – (₦7,396,656 – ₦8,134,745)
- Captain – (₦3,726,659 – ₦4,231,579)
- Commander – (₦3,390,886 – ₦3,895,033)
- Lt. Commander – (₦2,558,956 – ₦2,976,052)
- Lieutenant – (₦2,404,037 – 2,789,818)
- Sub-Lieutenant – (₦2,255,911 – ₦2,630,801)
- Midshipman – (₦2,077,875 – ₦2,245,909)
- Navy Warrant Officer – (₦1,908,718 – ₦2,061,520)
- Master Warrant Officer – (₦1,783,029 – ₦1,962,697)
- Warrant Officer – (₦1,022,320 – ₦1,192,499)
- Cadet (Training) – (₦471,038 – ₦534,773)
The figures above are the range accrued to these naval staff. Other military bodies in the country packages are almost similar to the above figures.