Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Nigerdock Recruitment for Senior Estimator.
Nigerdock, a member of Jagal Energy, is the leading indigenous Nigerian Energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex Oil and Gas project delivery during both the greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle.
The range of services offered includes full Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC), or stand-alone engineering, procurement management, onshore and offshore fabrication, brownfield modifications, fabric maintenance, asset maintenance management, shipbuilding and repair, marine services, logistics, and the associated base support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Estimator
- To prepare and correlate estimation packages for existing and future projects. To prepare ‘Take Offs’
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality as specified by the contract and/or engineering and building regulations, which needs to be understood and adhered to.
- Responsible for keeping track of the current Union labor rates for the areas in which he/she works so that estimates always include current labor numbers and norms;
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with suppliers and equipment vendors;
- Works closely with the Quantity Surveyor involved within various projects
- Will be required to work for the client or the contractor, working in an office or on-site.
- Involved in projects from start to completion – also preparing estimates and costs of the work outside the oil and gas sector.
- Knowledgeable about all processes required to complete a project.
- Current on potential costs of materials and equipment rental rates.
- Prepare and submit Claims through to completion
- To be responsible for determining how much a project will cost;
- To determine project timescales
- To review the revenues of the projects – taking into account factors such as labour costs, material costs, equipment rental, manufacturing locations, facility costs and required permits and licensing;
- To work closely with the commercial team and project management team to ensure the project meets all financial and regulatory guidelines;
- Maintain the profit margin and handle any changes in the original estimates;
- To keep track of current pricing and to negotiate better rates for long-term or large-scale projects;
- Familiar with EDMS – Team Binder or similar
- Experience of working in multicultural environments
- Good English is written and verbal
- Effectively works under pressure in a team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality complex work.
- Up to 10 years, practical job experience within the engineering functions of the Oil & Gas industry would be an advantage;
- Overseas and/or Africa work experience
- Computer Literate – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word,
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: