Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018/2019 New Zealand Development Scholarships for Study in New Zealand (fully Funded). Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) give candidates from selected developing countries an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country.
NZDS are funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development programme. They are managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).
NZDS are for postgraduate study in New Zealand and are available to candidates from specific African, Caribbean and Latin American countries, and from Bhutan, Jordan, Mongolia, Nepal and Timor-Leste.
NZDS are also available for undergraduate study to candidates from Timor Leste.
|Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia|
|Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Dijbouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|Asia||, , ,|
|Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Venezuela|
|Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.|
New Zealand Development Scholarships are available for the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Master’s Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (3 – 4 years)
Our scholarships provide the following financial support:
- full tuition fees
- living allowance (stipend) – NZ$480 per week. This is a contribution to basic living expenses
- an establishment allowance – NZ$3000. This is a contribution to assist with set up costs in New Zealand – for example it can be used towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- medical and travel insurance
- travel to and from your home country – this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship, and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship. Note that we offer our scholarships for the shortest amount of time needed for you to complete the academic programme.
- home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
Online applications are for the following scholarship types:
Make sure you are fully prepared before you begin your online application:
- Complete all the steps in the (see above)
- Make sure you read the – especially the section about Online applications.
We still find that many applications we get are low-quality and show that the applicant has not read the essential information and guidance on this website.
The online application process has four steps, all completed on an . The site will explain each step in more detail.
Step one: Confirm your eligibility
Complete the Online Eligibility Test. This will give you a number that you will need when you register (step three).
Step two: Create a Real Me login
This will give you a login and password that you will use through the application process.
Step three: Register with New Zealand Scholarships online
This creates your application account, and means you will be set up to complete an application.
Step four: Complete your application
This step will only become available when applications formally opens. Check .
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship we encourage you to do all the things under ‘‘ before applications open. There is a lot you should do before you begin your application.
Start your online application process now:
For More Information: